Fire Damage Repair and Restoration
For your personal evaluation and estimate, call us at (317) 483-3093 or fill out our Online Contact Form.
No one wants to deal with a house fire or the aftermath of fire damage repairs. Fires can be especially devastating to your home or business, The first thing to keep in mind is that it is crucial that you work with a team of pros who are also compassionate to your situation. Dealing with the after-effects of a fire is never easy, and you need to take the right steps to make certain that recovery goes as smoothly as possible.
What you should do after a House Fire?
The very first thing you should do is file your fire insurance claim. We have lots of experience dealing with insurance companies, so give us a call and we can help you claim process. Keep in mind you need to act quickly after a fire has occurred to get the benefit that your insurance policy provides. Be patient, dealing with insurance can take time, the process will involve many steps. This is why you want to get moving on any insurance claims as soon as the fire has occurred. You will also need to get the fire report from the fire department. This is information you should have on hand once the process has begun, and is important not only for your own records but also for your insurance agency.
After your insurance agent has been contacted, do not try to enter your home if it has had severe fire damage. Your fire department will determine if your home is safe to enter and if its structure has been compromised. If you receive the approval to enter your home please do with caution.
Once you are able to enter your home, conduct a complete inventory of your home’s contents. Identify any items that have been damaged by the fire and catalog them. This is an important step so please take your time and be thorough. Once you issue the claim, you need to make sure all items that were damaged have been listed.
If your home is too damaged to live in you will need to find an alternative place to stay. Contact family members or friends that might be able to help during this unfortunate time, you may also contact organizations such as the American Red Cross. There are public programs that can help provide temporary aid to people who have lost their homes due to unexpected events. You will also need to secure your property if you are unable to live there, to prevent potential theft and additional damage.
Once the above steps have been completed, then you can focus on recovering from the damage. Fire damage clean-up will also require more than addressing concerns of fire damage. Extinguishers and hoses can leave residue on the interior of your home as well, or leave floors and walls soaked with water. Water damage is another serious threat to homes that can result in further compromising the structure or in harmful mold growth. You will want to make certain that you have your home’s interior dried as soon as possible. In the case of minor damage this can be handled by yourself, but regardless of the severity of the damage, you should consider getting the assistance of professional insurance restoration specialists. This is where Josh Smalling Roofing and Restoration can help. Whether it’s a minor cleanup job, or a complete home or business rebuild, we have the proper equipment and personal to complete the job on time and on budget.
Here are some additional helpful tips to follow if you have fire damage:
- Change your HVAC filters – this will help improve air quality in the home and prevent soot or other debris from moving around the home and causing more damage.
- Do not turn on the ceiling fan if you find the ceiling to be too damp. The wiring could be compromised and this could cause more problems, including another fire.
- Wash the houseplants on both sides of the leaves. This will help give your plants a better chance to survive. Plus, this removed debris that could later cause smudges on walls and carpets.
- Do not try to clean up any electrical appliances that were near the fire, heat or water. Since they could be damaged and faulty now, it is important to let a trained professional take care of this task.
- Tape dual layers of cheesecloth over air registers. Like with changing the HVAC filters, this helps improve air quality and prevents flying debris.
- Do not do any of the cleaning yourself. Better to let someone with training and experience handle it. This includes wall surfaces, carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not send dry cleaning to anyone who does not have the ability to work with fire damage repairs items. Although the items may come back looking clean, they are likely to be left smelling like smoke.
Here are some services we provide:
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Smoke Damage Restoration
- Water Damage Restoration
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor Removal
Have Fire, Smoke and Water Damage?
We’re experts at fire damage repair and restoration. Call us today for an inspection and estimate
Fire restoration: Before and After
Repairing properties after a fire isn’t as painful as it might seem. Whether you have experienced a small fire, or something much larger that has significant fire and water damage, we can help. Our restoration services are fast, affordable, and guaranteed to be done right. So give us a call at (317) 483-3093, anytime, and we will respond promptly to provide you with a fire damage cleanup/repair estimate.
Water Damage Repair and Restoration
Water from storms, floods, or leaks can have extremely detrimental effects on your home, from minor drywall repair to major pipe replacements. Don’t let the stress of water damage dampen your day! The experienced professionals at Josh Smalling Roofing and Restoration can be trusted to assess the damage and bring your home or business back to repair.