Seeing firetrucks pull into your neighborhood with lights blazing and sirens blaring can be a traumatic experience. After everyone is safe, the reality of fire damage sets in.
When a neighbor experiences a fire, your home and property can become damaged quickly. What do you do when that happens?
How Fire Damage Can Happen Quickly
Regardless of who is at fault, the fact is your property has become damaged in some way. It’s not always negligence that can cause harm.
Here are a few ways that fire can damage your property:
- Even a small fire can become a massive fire very quickly, and it can spread just as fast with the wind carrying embers through your neighborhood. A tree could quickly go up in flames in dry conditions, starting a whole new situation that can lead to even more fire damage.
- Burn marks.While these are a mild form of fire damage, they can be unsightly. Ash stains on the exterior of your home can be challenging to remove.
- Smoke damage.If a house fire is a large one, it will most likely cause a lot of smoke. If your house happens to be downwind of that smoke, it can damage your home by seeping into the house. Smoke damage is something that can only be repaired by professionals.
- Other debris and hazardous materials.Just as embers are swirling and smoke is wafting, waste and other dangerous materials can be found floating around in the air, landing on your property or house. This debris can cause significant damage or even start a new fire.
- Fire damage.This is obviously the most serious and harmful. Fire damage can be minor or major, and in either case, you’ll need to call in the professionals to get things fixed up.
Deal with Fire Damage
Once you’ve taken note of all the ways the fire has affected the property, the next hoop you’ll need to jump through is dealing with insurance. If the thought of making that phone call and dealing with all the red tape that comes along with an insurance claim makes you groan, you are not alone. No one wants to deal with fire damage and insurance companies, but it is a fact of life.
The good news is that we can help. Whether you own a single family home, a set of apartment buildings, or a commercial business, we can take care of the insurance for you, making the process go as smoothly as possible, so that you can focus on more important things like taking care of your family or business.
We know that restoring your home or property will be your number one concern when dealing with fire damage by proxy. Our expert teams work fast to reconstruct what you’ve lost, and we process all the insurance paperwork for you. Our one-stop-shop will rebuild and deal with the red tape, so you don’t have to.